Physical Security Pre-Sales Engineer - California/West Coast
Sales · California, California (Los Angeles, And Francisco), USA, Los Angeles Flexible Remote
Ava is a global technology company with offices in the UK, Norway, and the USA. We exist because we believe that we can create a better, smarter way to deliver security.
We inject intelligence into our approach to security and all our solutions. We help organizations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect their people, business, and reputation in real-time.
We know that the best way to meet our goals is with a diverse team, where everyone’s voice is heard. We’re proud that our company comprises 24 nationalities and we’re always looking to increase the variety of ideas and points of view at Ava.
We founded Ava Cyber in 2016 and Ava Video in 2018 and the two companies merged in 2020 to become a unified security provider with extensive capital investment from Ubon Partners.
About this position
We are looking for highly technical proven Pre-Sales Engineers to join our commercial team in locations across the US. This role is focused on the West Coast, primarily residing in California.
Our Pre-Sales Engineers are a critical part of our sales process, working side by side with a very professional sales team. Pre-Sales engineers evangelize the technical aspects of Ava products. An ideal candidate can learn new technologies quickly and incorporate them into our sales motion. This role encourages creativity, problem solving and outside of the box thinking while impacting the future roadmap of the Aware platform.
- Presenting and demonstrating the value of Ava’s software-defined security platform to partner principals and business leaders
- Complete understanding of the Ava Aware product and technical capabilities
- Conduct effective POCs with our customer opportunities from discovery meeting through deal close
- Team with Account Executives to close business to meet or exceed sales targets
- Answer technical questions as part of the sales and RFP processes
- Work with internal development team to relay customer feedback so we can incorporate it into our agile development process
- Assist in training our sales partners
- Stay up to date on the competitive landscape
- Working with customers of all sizes, Small, Medium, Large and beyond
You’re not expected to have all of the following skills, but they will be useful in performing your job.
We are looking for someone who:
- 5+ years’ experience in physical security sales engineering or a pre-sales technical role
- Knowledge and recent experience with next-generation integration and APIs
- Existing experience with cloud technologies and architectures
- Desire to learn new and disruptive technology to the industry
- Start-up and Entrepreneurial experience encouraged
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven and quantifiable track record of overachievement
- Good all-around knowledge of the security market
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and takes ownership
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
However, all experience levels will be considered.
Experience working with Physical Security VMS, DVR, NVR, Cameras, Encoders, POE, POS, Access Control and other industry specific technologies.
Experience with Verkada, Rhombus, Meraki, Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Axis, Hikvision, OpenPath, Feenics, HID, and other industry players a plus.
Experience deploying a VMS and cameras from the ground up.
Understanding of network and POE requirements for physical security.
Does this sound like you? We'd love you to apply, even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements and qualifications.
What we offer
- Attractive salary with the possibility for stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Full-time role with a competitive base salary, and sales commissions
- A remote-friendly organization, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon
- An international group of colleagues, working on anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Candidate will work from home with up to 50% travel
Ava is dedicated to encouraging and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We know that we are able to develop and learn better with a diverse group of people. The experiences, ideas, knowledge, self-expression and talent of our employees forms our culture and is instrumental in our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.