Regional Sales Manager, Great Lakes Region
Sales · Great Lakes Region, Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis Fully Remote
Ava is a global technology company with offices in the UK, Norway, and the USA. We exist because we believe that we can create a better, smarter way to deliver security.
We inject intelligence into our approach to security and all our solutions. We help organizations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect their people, business, and reputation in real-time.
We know that the best way to meet our goals is with a diverse team, where everyone’s voice is heard. We’re proud that our company comprises 24 nationalities and we’re always looking to increase the variety of ideas and points of view at Ava.
We founded Ava Cyber in 2016 and Ava Video in 2018 and the two companies merged in 2020 to become a unified security provider with extensive capital investment from Ubon Partners.
About this position
We are looking for an enthusiastic and accomplished sales professional with a proven track record of over-achieving quotas by selling innovative software and hardware solutions to solve complex enterprise and public sector challenges. Our Regional Sales Managers own significant territories and develop their own territory business strategies in collaboration with our local, regional, and national partners. Our sales teams work alongside world-class Pre-Sales Engineers to build successful relationships and connections that bring new business opportunities. An ideal candidate can balance hunting near term opportunities with long term strategic relationships while applying solution-selling methodologies to close business, surpass sales targets, and maximize growth.
We think you are a good fit if you are passionate about:
- Prospecting accounts for new business
- Presenting and demonstrating Ava’s software-defined security platform to CISOs, physical security experts, integrators, consultants, facility and property management, faculty, deans, principles, etc
- Developing local and regional partnerships to help design, configure, sell, install, and support Ava solutions
- Teaming with engineering resources to ensure technical excellence in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, RFP responses, and POCs
- Providing customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required
- Forecasting and reporting activity accurately and in line with expectations
- Working closely with Sales Engineers to close the business to meet or exceed sales targets
- Forging high-level relationships within accounts to win incremental product and service business
- Establishing and working with partners in your territory
- Keeping informed of the competitive landscape
- Traveling up to 50% of the time
- Live in metro Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis
Experience or expertise
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in math, science, or engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in selling physical security solutions (Surveillance and/or Access Control).
- Experience with Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, and other industry players is a plus, but ONLY if you want to sell cloud video
- Start-up and Entrepreneurial experience encouraged
- Proven and quantifiable track record of overachievement
- Experience selling to mid-market, large enterprise, and public sector
- Hunter background with a proven history of success
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience as well as strong C-level/board-level communications and relationship skills
- Good all-around knowledge of the security market
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and takes ownership
- Good business acumen, experience with contracts and pricing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com and CRM tools
What we offer
- Attractive salary with the possibility for stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Full-time role with a competitive base salary, and sales commissions
- A remote-friendly organization, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon
- An international group of colleagues, working on anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Additional company benefits based on location
Ava is dedicated to encouraging and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We know that we are able to develop and learn better with a diverse group of people. The experiences, ideas, knowledge, self-expression and talent of our employees forms our culture and is instrumental in our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.