Sales Development Representative
Sales · Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina Fully Remote
Ava is a global technology company with offices in the UK, Norway, and the USA. We exist because we believe that we can create a better, smarter way to deliver security.
We inject intelligence into our approach to security and all our solutions. We help organizations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect their people, business, and reputation in real-time.
We founded Ava Cyber in 2016 and Ava Video in 2018 and the two companies merged in 2020 to become a unified security provider with extensive capital investment from Ubon Partners.
About this position
As a Sales Development Representative, you will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to develop new opportunities. You will join a company in accelerated growth, learn from the ground up skills required to succeed while also growing your career in sales. You will be working with our AI-powered cloud Video Security solution Ava Aware, and also our cyber security software for detection insider threat and data loss prevention, Ava Reveal.
We are looking for an accomplished sales development professional with a proven track record of over-achieving quotas by prospecting, cold-calling, scheduling, and participating in client meetings/demonstrations to generate pipeline.
Experience or expertise in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Prospecting accounts for new business
- Engaged in good CRM hygiene with salesforce and creating effective client campaigns in email, phone with follow-ups
- Ability to understand competitive positioning and value proposition
- Fostering channel development with local and regional partnerships to uncover new sales opportunities
- Working closely with field Sales and Engineers to meet or exceed sales targets
- Keeping informed of the competitive landscape
- Effectively handle objections
We think you could be a good fit if you are a team player who thinks holistically, enjoys solving complex problems, and thrives working autonomously, while not afraid to ask for input and learn from your teammates if you’re stuck.
Does this sound like you? We'd love you to apply, even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements and qualifications.
You’re not expected to have all of the following skills, but they will be useful in performing your job.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in business, marketing, math, science, or engineering
- 1-2 years of SDR experience preferably in cyber security, IT, SaaS, and/or physical security solutions (surveillance and/or access control)
- Start-up and entrepreneurial experience encouraged
- Proven and quantifiable track record of overachievement
- Hunter background with a proven history of success
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and takes ownership
- A strong desire to be in a fast paced, team-oriented sales environment
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals, and achieving success
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and other CRM tools
What we offer
- Attractive salary with the possibility for stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Full-time role with a competitive base salary, and sales commissions
- A remote-friendly organization, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon
- An international group of colleagues, working on anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Additional company benefits based on location
Ava is dedicated to encouraging and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We know that we are able to develop and learn better with a diverse group of people. The experiences, ideas, knowledge, self-expression and talent of our employees forms our culture and is instrumental in our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.